- “Agreement” means these Terms of Service;
- “Buyer” refers to a person purchasing the goods or services of a Seller through our Site;
- “LaunchAStartup” refers to the sole proprietorship which owns this website (Jonathan Soriano), our Site, or our Service, depending on the context of the usage;
- “Seller” refers to a person selling goods or services to a Buyer through our Site;
- “Service” refers to the services that we provide through our Site;
- “Site” refers to our website, www.launchastartup.com;
- “User” refers to you, Buyers, Sellers, and general visitors to our Site;
- “You” refers to you, the person who is entering into this Agreement with LaunchAStartup.
3. Information Collected
Identifying Information Collected by Us
Whenever you visit our Site, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
4.1 Use of Your Information
We may use your information:
- To enhance or improve Users’ experiences, our Site, or Service.
- To process transactions.
- To sell, exchange, or transfer with a third party with your consent. You hereby grant us consent to such sale, exchange, and transfer, and agree that we require no further consent to engage in this activity.
- To send e-mails about our Site or respond to inquiries.
- To send e-mails about the Site and other products, news, or updates for LaunchAStartup, or other businesses, websites, or services owned or operated by us.
- To send e-mails about third party products or services.
4.2 Sharing of Your Information with Other Users
Information sharing is essential for our Service. We may, and you agree that we may:
- Post your user or organization profile to our Site for others to see.
- Display and disseminate any job or organization information that you submit to us.
- Use your information to market you to other Users.
- Share additional information between parties who enter into an agreement for the provision of goods or services.
- Do anything else which we deem to improve the function of LaunchAStartup.
Additionally, in the event that a User contacts us regarding a dispute they are having with you, you agree that we may disclose all or some of your information to them in order to permit them to identify you and serve you with legal documents relevant to the dispute. You agree that we may do this voluntarily (i.e. without a subpoena).
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
Users may in some cases be able to review and edit the personal information they have provided to us by logging into their account on the Site and editing their account. Although most changes may occur immediately, information may still be stored in a web browser’s cache. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in other devices that may store information, and disclaim all liability of such. In addition, we may, from time to time, retain residual information about you in our backup and/or database.
Additionally, we use Google AdSense on our Site, which uses the DoubleClick cookie. To disable the DoubleClick cookie, you may visit Google.com’s “Advertising privacy FAQ” at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/ for further instructions.
7. Third Parties
7.1 Third Party Websites
LaunchAStartup or its Users may post links to third party websites on its Site, which may include information that we have no control over. Whether you access third party websites through a link on our Site, or as a consequence of using our Service, you acknowledge that you are aware that these third party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by us, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
You will be required to provide your financial information to Stripe when paying LaunchAStartup or its Users for goods or services provided. It is your responsibility to ensure the security of your payment details when making purchases through this third party, and we recommend that you conduct routine credit bureau checks to protect your identity.
7.3 Affiliate Links
8. Third Party Access to Your Information
Although you are entering into an Agreement with LaunchAStartup to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, and others.
Throughout the course of our provision of our Services to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire third parties to assist us in maintaining, repairing, improving, or otherwise assisting us with our Site and Services.
9. Law Enforcement
You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you and release your information without receiving any request to third parties where we believe that it is proper to do so for legal reasons, such as instances where we believe your publications violate any law of the United States or any other country having jurisdiction over us, our Site, Services, or our Terms of Service. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants. We may release your information under the conditions listed in this paragraph whether it is to individuals or entities in the State of Nevada, the rest of the United States, or elsewhere.
10. Commercial and Non-Commercial Communications
11. Security Measures
We take certain measures to enhance the security of our Site and Services, including using SSL Certificates, Vulnerability Scanning, and PCI DSS-compliant hosting. However, we make no representations as to the security or privacy of your information. It is in our interest to keep our website secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
13. International Transfer